A passion for storytelling and exploring human emotions are at the core of Paul’s ethos as a photographer/director. He weaves together the stories of people and places with a visual narrative that has captured the attention of commercial brands and fine art enthusiasts alike.
A committed and impassioned collaborator Paul gives every project the highest level of production, unwavering energy, and creative solutions that can only come from decades of experience. Whether he’s in the perfectly controlled environment of a studio, floating over mountain ranges in a hot air balloon, diving in the shark infested waters of Curacao, or waist deep in the frigid waters of Iceland - Paul is a team player and he thrives on the search for an iconic image.
Paul’s goal is to have his images transcend the ordinary and have an impact on the viewer. Paul’s keen awareness of culture, humanity and the human experience shapes his vision and his photography.
“Only if you can put yourself entirely in the other person's place, almost to become the other person for a moment, can you begin to understand and appreciate the forces and pressures to which they are subjected”
Paul has worked for editorial and advertising clients ranging from Robin Hood Foundation and Rolling Stone Magazine, to Maytag, Microsoft, Nike and Under Armour. Each shoot brings its own challenges, but Paul is known for keeping the mood light and positive, while keeping the production on track.
Paul has photographed and documented all manner of elite athletes, business moguls and real people on location and in studio. Paul is a committed collaborator and has the confidence of someone who knows he can get the job done, delivering the greatest number of options with the least amount of stress. The final images are the result of the combined efforts of the creative director, art director, production designers, art department, hair, make-up and wardrobe stylists. Paul lives a life of photography and motion, adventure and music, combining his career as a photographer/ director with his love of sports, rock climbing, extreme skiing, rock, rap and blues. If you don’t find Paul at his studio, you can easily find him with his band, playing guitar trying to write the next big hit.
Texas and Colorado
Digital Department Manager
(P) 212-604-0606 (E)
37 East 28th Street Penthouse 901
New York, NY 10016
- “I'd like to say that you guys are simply amazing! Working with you guys is effortless and almost takes my job away from me. It's always a pleasure and a learning experience for me, being so new to this business. You all are amazing to work with, personable, fun, professional, you name it! No matter the job, Paul Aresu is the first name I think of.”
- - Jasmine Blount
- Sr Art Buyer, Havas Health
- “Paul Aresu is always on point regardless of the scenario. His whole team is easy to work with. Very organized and very talented. I remember sending Paul to Chicago on New Year's weekend to shoot Cleveland Cavs star, Kyrie Irving for a SLAM magazine cover. Kyrie got hurt and pushed the shoot. This time it was in Phoenix. Paul was there on short notice again. He had a very limited time frame with Kyrie but he got the shoot done and it was a great one. The very next issue, I had another very last minute shoot in Philly. Another Cover. I called Paul. He made it to Philly with less than 24 hours notice. Needless to say it was another classic SLAM shoot. Primo photos from a top notch photographer. Nuff said."
- - Paul Scirecalabrisotto
- Creative Director, SLAM Magazine
- “Creative solutions for creative problems, never have failed us!”
- - Charlotte Kobberger
- VP, Art Producer, Ogilvy
- “Paul Aresu and team are hands down the best for any campaign. Besides the quality of work being incredible, he goes above and beyond in every way. Everything - from getting images to retouching to just injecting his touch of genius into the work - is done in the most professional and timely way. He makes the process fun and fascinating. I always feel inspired after working with Paul and team."
- - Juliette Bednarz
- Associate Creative Director, H4B Chelsea
- “I have thrown Paul into some of the craziest, most complex, annoying, challenging photo shoots that I have ever worked on. The images always came out perfect and with no complaints! Paul and I share a work ethic and attention to detail that made me feel comfortable to send him anywhere to shoot anyone, and I know that it would come back amazing. He is a true gentleman, a smart business man, and a visionary photographer.”
- - Monique Perreault
- Photo Editor, Art Producer
- "Paul Aresu is a consummate professional who makes magic time and time again. Solutions-oriented and fluid, his team works seamlessly on even the most complex projects. If you want brilliant photography with exquisite effects, and total peace-of-mind, Paul Aresu is your guy".
- - Beth Elkis
- SVP, Creative Director